Since my initial buy recommendation on Matador Mining at 20c in May 2019, the stock has traded as high as 33c and low as 17c, currently 26c. The story has gotten better as MZZ push towards production in 2022/23. See May write up: https://258capital.com/2019/05/13/matador/ IMO MZZ remains very undervalued and trades at 1/10th the price … More Matador $MZZ – Upgraded
First of all, Hello, and i hope this finds you well. I have been on the road for the last 2 months, traveling the highlands of South America, mainly hanging out in Medellin, Colombia. Therefor I have neglected my blog and haven’t updated any new content. Instead i am in management mode with my positions … More Bottom Fishing in Uranium
Today i explore the effects that the rate cycle would have on the markets and potential opportunities. FOMC June 19th FOMC rate cut is 23% probability of a rate cut 25 basis points and a 77% chance of no action. Whilst the July FOMC is pricing in 83% chance of a rate cut. FOMC July … More The Coming Cutting Cycle.
I have been waiting to get further confirmation of a potential short squeeze in Silver, This week we saw a few more key factors to turn in our favour and it seems that the stars maybe aligning. I wrote a piece on the 26th May; https://258capital.com/2019/05/26/rising/ suggested that, without a large move in Silver, Miners … More Potential Silver Squeeze looms..
Following up on my post from last week, https://258capital.com/2019/06/01/the-great-australian-break/ I will review the winners as well as look for opportunities for the weeks ahead. As expected, $AUD XAUAUD Gold continues to break higher. Reaching $1920aud and closing in on 2K Gold. $AXGD Gold miners index continues to march forward, printing another bullish candle. Late week … More AXGD Week in review.
Australian Dollar Gold price closes on both on the weekly and monthly all time highs ending of May 2019, with a price of 1883aud per ounce. Looking at the technical picture, it couldn’t look more bullish. Weekly Chart, shows Gold piercing the topside and breaking out of a 5 month range bound trade. Monthly Close … More The Great Australian Break
A quick write up of my weekly thoughts, Watching the Gold and Silver mining sector action this week and i continue to see a large discount between the miners of quality i.e Kirkland lake or Northern Star versus the explorers / developers stories in the sector. All the money seems to be very concentrated into … More Rising Tide, Yet to come.
Note: I was going to post this on Friday 17th May. But i felt today was a good day to do so after, SBM.ax acquires Atlantic Gold for 41% premium cash offer at $2.90 per share. This is the third in a few months, after Newcrest acquisition of 70% Red Chris mine in Canada recently … More Matador Mining – An interesting Opportunity